DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
Data: collectively all information that you submit to Bencium Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Bencium Limited, or us: Bencium Limited of The Great Barn Whitehouse Farm Gaddesden Row Hemel Hempstead HP2 6HG
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Bencium Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Bencium Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, www.bencium.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Bencium Limited is the "data controller". This means that Bencium Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
DATA THAT IS GIVEN TO US BY YOU
7. Bencium Limited will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
c. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
d. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
e. when you use our services;
DATA THAT IS COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
OUR USE OF DATA
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
WHO WE SHARE DATA WITH
12. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to obtain advice from our employees regarding the services we offer;
We don't store the data submitted via the chat boxes – for further details please contact chatbase.co and openai.com
KEEPING DATA SECURE
13. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
14. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: [email protected]
15. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
17. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
18. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: [email protected]
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website
21. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
25. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
26. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Bencium Limited to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
27. This Website may place the following Cookies:
– Webflow, the hosting provider of this website has an updated Legal page.
– We use Pirsch Analytics, a privacy-friendly, open-source alternative to Google – more information
28. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
29. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
30. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
31. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at [email protected]